eXtreme Ads
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

eXtreme Ads

Where Providing Efficent Promotion Is Priority!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Affiliates of eXtreme Ads
Old-Town Hall & Astronomical Clock in Prague 1zmijv5
Old-Town Hall & Astronomical Clock in Prague I4ixab
Old-Town Hall & Astronomical Clock in Prague Submitexpress

Old-Town Hall & Astronomical Clock in Prague

Go down 
AuthorMessage
peterpan1805

Old-Town Hall & Astronomical Clock in Prague Empty
PostSubject: Old-Town Hall & Astronomical Clock in Prague   Old-Town Hall & Astronomical Clock in Prague I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 12:39 am

The main square is the meeting point of too many people - tourists and internationals alike. From the Charles Bridge, I just followed the crowd because I knew that they will lead me to another main attraction. There are restaurants around the square (yes, you read that right - 'round the square). The street where shops that cater to higher class is just round the corner from the square but don't start your (window) shopping because you might miss the hourly show (do it after :)

The astronomical clock is known for an hourly show. Scuptures do a routine parade at the strike of the clock. I have yet to read the facts about the Old Town Hall and the Astronomical Clock.

Right after the amusing chiming of the clock, a Czech in a traditional costume appears at the top of the tower and blows his trumpet. Again, the performance is very brief but it is unforgettable because it draws everybody's attention and brings a touch of medieval time. After that, tourist groups disperse but the atmosphere remains very lively.
Back to top Go down

Old-Town Hall & Astronomical Clock in Prague
Page 1 of 1