eXtreme Ads
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

eXtreme Ads

Where Providing Efficent Promotion Is Priority!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Affiliates of eXtreme Ads
A retreat from Hanoi's noisy streets 1zmijv5
A retreat from Hanoi's noisy streets I4ixab
A retreat from Hanoi's noisy streets Submitexpress

A retreat from Hanoi's noisy streets

Go down 
AuthorMessage
shinyjunny

A retreat from Hanoi's noisy streets Empty
PostSubject: A retreat from Hanoi's noisy streets   A retreat from Hanoi's noisy streets I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 10:49 pm

Clearly one of Hanoi's highlights, the expansive and leafy Temple of Literature is a complex of ancient Vietnamese temples dating back as far as 11th century. It is THE temple to visit, if you have limited time in Hanoi.Consisting of five courtyards, the temple compound is expansive, easily occupying a few hectares. Highlights include the ancient stelae that sit atop stone turtles (picture 2) where the names of successful candidates in the imperial exams are etched for eternity; the magnificent main housing several artefacts and statues of Confucius and his four best disciples; and the hall itself an outstanding example of Vietnamese architecture with very intricate details (picture 4).While I thoroughly enjoyed the temple, I did have a great time exploring the temple's gardens and taking snaps of beautiful flowers and hardworking bees along the way.
Back to top Go down

A retreat from Hanoi's noisy streets
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
eXtreme Ads :: Forum Services :: Promotion-
Jump to: